CPP’s Halsey Mill, located in Oregon’s beautiful Willamette Valley and approximately 90 miles south of Portland, Oregon, produces high-grade pulp for use in a variety of applications including tissue, printing and writing grades, liner board, and fiber cement board. Our pulp is manufactured from lumber production residuals using state of the art technology to minimize our impact on the environment and be a good neighbor and valued member of the local community.
We currently have an opening for an Environmental Engineer based in Halsey, Oregon.
- Assist in mill environmental air, wastewater, stormwater and solid waste compliance.
- Ensure that facility data is accurately collected and reported to regulatory agencies.
- Keep abreast of emerging regulations and to be the leader for updating and developing permits.
- Provide technical guidance to the department staff.
- Identify environmental improvement opportunities designing, implementing, and managing processes and systems to support environmental compliance mill-wide.
- Develop and manage consultants and contractors.
- Communicate on behalf of Cascade Pacific Pulp with governmental agencies such as EPA, Oregon Department of Environmental Quality, and Army Corps of Engineers.
- Participate on behalf of Cascade Pacific Pulp in technical and governmental trade associations.
- Occasionally interact directly with the public and indirectly with the media.
- Participate in weekend and holiday mill on call rotation.