Careers at Cascade Pacific Pulp
Cascade Pacific Pulp is looking for motivated, driven, responsible, talented, and enthusiastic people interested in a career at our Halsey Pulp Mill. Please apply only for positions listed below and only if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If selected to continue in our process, you will receive an invitation with further instructions at the e-mail address you provided on your application and/or resume.
HOW TO APPLY
Select the individual job summary below to review the detail requirements. To apply for the job click the “Apply” button under the job title on the job details page. You will be redirected to the application site to complete the online application. Please include employment history for the last 10 years, as applicable, and attach a current resume. Note: We do not accept applications, resumes or other unsolicited documentation via mail, e-mail or our website Contact form. You must apply using the “Apply” button on the job requirements page.
If you are applying for a posted position please complete the Pre-Offer Form and the Voluntary Self-Identification forms via the links below; return these to the mailing address noted below or e-mail to Cascade Pacific Pulp Human Resources.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
Cascade Pacific Pulp is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing and/or completing the employment application and/or related forms, please contact our Human Resources Department at 541-369-1133 or via e-mail. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be reviewed and resolved on a case-by-case basis.
Cascade Pacific Pulp Jobs
CPP’s Halsey Mill, located in Oregon’s beautiful Willamette Valley and approximately 90 miles south of Portland, Oregon, produces high-grade pulp for use in a variety of applications including tissue, printing and writing grades, liner board, and fiber cement board. Our pulp is manufactured from lumber production residuals using state of the art technology to minimize our impact on the environment and be a good neighbor and valued member of the local community.
We currently have an opening for an Environmental Engineer based in Halsey, Oregon.
- Assist in mill environmental air, wastewater, stormwater and solid waste compliance.
- Ensure that facility data is accurately collected and reported to regulatory agencies.
- Keep abreast of emerging regulations and to be the leader for updating and developing permits.
- Provide technical guidance to the department staff.
- Identify environmental improvement opportunities designing, implementing, and managing processes and systems to support environmental compliance mill-wide.
- Develop and manage consultants and contractors.
- Communicate on behalf of Cascade Pacific Pulp with governmental agencies such as EPA, Oregon Department of Environmental Quality, and Army Corps of Engineers.
- Participate on behalf of Cascade Pacific Pulp in technical and governmental trade associations.
- Occasionally interact directly with the public and indirectly with the media.
- Participate in weekend and holiday mill on call rotation.
Cascade Pacific Pulp is now hiring for future Process Operators! If you’re motivated, dependable, self-directed and have a desire to learn – we want to talk to you!
Job duties: Operation of mobile and heavy equipment; operation of computer aided process controls; aptitude to learn various mill process operations to provide relief for absences; ability to continually adapt to new tasks, changing conditions, and prioritize accordingly; ability to trouble-shoot and adjust to upset conditions; general clean up; and other duties as assigned.…
Cascade Pacific Pulp is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Engineering department at our Halsey Pulp Mill! If you have a Mechanical Engineering degree and are looking for new opportunities, we want to talk to you!
Job duties: As an essential member of our Engineering staff, you will be managing Capital and Major Maintenance projects, participation in the selection, installation, and troubleshooting of new equipment, develop project budgets and schedules and oversee the project execution from start to finish. Job responsibilities also include the design and troubleshooting of fluid systems, material handling systems, and structural components.…
Cascade Pacific Pulp is now seeking an Electrician & Instrument Repair person for our maintenance department in Halsey, Oregon! If you are motivated, dependable, self-directed and have a desire to learn – we want to talk to you!
Job related background includes: Qualified applicants will have a State of Oregon Journey Level Limited Plant Manufacturing Electrician’s license or better; 3 years journey level electrical experience in a manufacturing facility; knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC’s, Delta V or DCS equivalent, 4/20 MA process control loops, as well as 480V and 2400V equipment; Experience with AC/DC drives preferred; familiarity with 12470V a plus. Successful candidate may be required to complete an in-house instrumentation program.…
Looking for a great career? Cascade Pacific Pulp is hiring a Journey Level Millwright. If you’re motivated, dependable and self-directed – we have an opportunity for you!
Job duties include the ability to:
- Follow established safety and quality standards
- Utilize blueprints, drawings, and procedures to safely and efficiently install, align, repair, replace, and trouble-shoot a wide variety of mill equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, motors, as well as hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Possess basic computer skills
- Work independently or use excellent oral and written communication skills to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Complete other duties as assigned
CPP and IGIC provide a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a company match of the first 8% contributed
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
Selected applicants will be required to test and interview. All job offers are contingent on positive reference checks, appropriate background checks and successful completion of a drug/alcohol screen. All new hires will be required to present proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States, in accordance with Form I-9 requirements.
Cascade Pacific Pulp, LLC, is an Affirmative Action Program/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.