Cascade Pacific Pulp is hiring a Journey Level Machinist. If you’re motivated, dependable and self-directed – we have an opportunity for you!
Job duties include the ability to:
- Follow established safety and quality standards
- Utilize knowledge of manual machines to effectively and accurately manufacture items out of multiple materials including stainless steel, aluminum, plastics and rubber to acceptable industry tolerances
- Use precision or standard measuring devices such as inside and outside micrometers, dial indicators, Vernier scales, fixed frame gauges or special gauges, etc. to check machined dimensions and surface finishes conforming to customer prints and/or specifications
- Troubleshoot to approximate mode of failure and reverse engineer parts where prints are not available
- Read blueprints and make detailed drawings
- Work independently or use excellent oral and written communication skills to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Effectively use Microsoft Office suite and AutoCAD (desired)
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on machine shop equipment
- Complete other duties as assigned
Position also requires the ability to adapt to changing conditions and manage competing priorities as well as the ability to perform work in all areas of the mill in all weather conditions. Union membership is mandatory.
Job related background: Successful completion of an apprenticeship program including class work and three or more years of journey-level industrial machinist experience. Six or more additional years of relevant experience may substitute for apprenticeship.
Journey Level Machinists Schedule: 7:30a-4:00p, Monday-Friday and overtime as needed including some nights, weekends, and holidays; must be willing and able to safely perform job duties.
Some of what we offer:
- Starting wage of $40.35/hr.
- Annual Pay Increases (Nov. 1)
- Premium pay for holidays, overtime, and night shift
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401k with up to an 8% Company Match Contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
In addition to a generous benefits package, we offer continuous learning opportunities plus an additional week of paid vacation every 5 years to a 6-week maximum.