Cascade Pacific Pulp is hiring a Journey Level Industrial Insulator. If you’re motivated, dependable and self-directed – we think you’ll be a good fit as a member of our team.
Job duties include the ability to:
- Follow established safety and quality standards
- Review blueprints and specifications to determine the amount and type of insulation needed
- Measure, cut, and install insulation to fit walls, ducting, piping, and equipment using a variety of insulation materials (fiberglass, rock wool, etc.)
- Measure, cut, and install metal jacketing on pipes, tanks, ducts, and equipment
- Fabricate blankets, shaping or forming foam or cutting and forming flexible jackets to fit odd-shaped objects
- Secure insulation with banding, lacing anchors and weld pins, staples, tape, or sheet metal screws
- Remove and properly dispose of old insulation
- Properly use and care for the tools and equipment used such as bending brakes, band saws, or banding tools
- Work independently predominantly or use excellent oral and written communication skills to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Possess basic computer skills
- Complete other duties as assigned
Position also requires the ability to adapt to changing conditions and manage competing priorities as well as the ability to perform work in all areas of the mill in all weather conditions. Union membership is mandatory.
Job related background: Successful completion of an apprenticeship program including class work and three or more years of journey-level industrial insulator experience. Six or more additional years of relevant experience may substitute for apprenticeship.
Journey Level Industrial Insulator Schedule: 7:30a-4:00p, Monday-Friday and overtime as needed including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
Some of what we offer:
- Starting wage of $40.35/hr.
- Annual Pay Increases (Nov. 1)
- Premium pay for holidays, overtime, and night shift
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401k with up to an 8% Company Match Contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
In addition to a generous benefits package, we offer continuous learning opportunities plus an additional week of paid vacation every 5 years to a 6-week maximum.