Cascade Pacific Pulp is now hiring for future Process Operators! If you’re motivated, dependable, self-directed and have a desire to learn – we want to talk to you!
Job duties: Operation of mobile and heavy equipment; operation of computer aided process controls; aptitude to learn various mill process operations to provide relief for absences; ability to continually adapt to new tasks, changing conditions, and prioritize accordingly; ability to trouble-shoot and adjust to upset conditions; general clean up; and other duties as assigned.
Job related background: Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
Operations Schedule: Entry Level employees work a 4-on/4-off rotation, 12-hour shifts (two 12-hour days, two 12-hour nights: including weekends and holidays, as well as opportunities for overtime; must be willing and able to safely perform sometimes repetitive, physically demanding tasks; must be prepared to work as scheduled; union membership is mandatory.
Some of what we offer:
- Starting wage around $22/hr. with a $3/hr. increase after 6 months
- Annual Pay Increases (Nov. 1)
- Premium pay for holidays, overtime and night shift
- Move up pay based on position worked (typically an additional $4-$6/hr.)
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401k with up to an 8% Company Match Contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
In addition to a generous benefits package, we offer continuous learning opportunities and regular advancement based on seniority – with top Operators currently earning over $39/hr, plus an additional week of paid vacation every 5 years to a 6-week maximum.